St. Sophia/Ss. Faith, Hope & Agape Greek Orthodox Church of Valley Forge
The church had been meeting in their social hall and had a vision of building a new church for over 40 years. They requested that the sanctuary be completed in time to celebrate their Easter service in the new church. As with many projects, seeing their dream begin to take shape brings excitement to the congregation and inspires additional donations. Midway through construction donations specifically designated for extensive iconography to beautify the sanctuary were received and arrangements were made for Dr. Kordis and his team of artists to come from Greece to paint their masterpieces inside the domes and sanctuary.
- Sanctuary with ornate dome ceiling.
- Iconography in the dome and on the walls of the sanctuary.
- Seating for 420 individuals in the nave and mezzanine.
- Intricate dome construction.
Owner: St. Sophia Greek Orthodox Church of Valley Forge
Location: Jeffersonville, PA
Architect: CJK Design Group
Project Type: New Construction
Project Size: 11,000 square feet
Project Delivery Method: Design-Build
- ABC Keystone Excellence in Construction - Award of Merit