First United Methodist Church
First United Methodist Church selected Horst Construction to build a 3-story Celebration Center. The addition was comprised of a multi-purpose room to accommodate a family life center, gymnasium, and worship space, as well as classrooms, a commercial kitchen, offices, and library. The project also included extensive renovation of the existing facility, which had experienced multiple additions since the church’s original constructed in 1893!
- Multi-purpose room - family life center, gymnasium, and worship space
- Commercial Kitchen
- The project was challenging due to a very tight urban site and the need to keep the building and parking operational throughout construction.
- The church continued operations of the preschool program and the church's full activity schedule throughout the 16-month project.
- Horst reconstructed the underground primary power supply while keeping the church operational.
Owner: First United Methodist Church
Location: Lancaster, PA
Architect: Cornerstone Design Architects
Engineer: Providence Engineering Corporation
Project Type: Addition/Renovation
Project Size: 64,000 square feet
Project Delivery Method: Design-Build
- Value Engineering
- Cost Management
- Project Management
- ABC Keystone Excellence in Construction - Award of Merit