Presby’s Inspired Life – Rosemont Cottage Renovations
Marketability and relevancy is a top priority for anyone in the senior living market. That’s why Presby’s Inspired Life partnered with Horst to evaluate and develop a plan to modernize cottages that were built back in the 1960’s. The project included updating the exterior of a single unit cottage, as well as redesigning a combo cottage to feature a new open design. For the combo cottage, our team reconfigured the interior to maximize living space, installed new siding, and added a stone veneer exterior and colorful metal roof. In addition, an inviting new entry and patio were added to expand usable space and take advantage of the beautiful Rosemont setting.
- There were no existing drawings to work from during design or construction. Our team had to execute design-build “on the fly” applying creative solutions during construction.
- Our team created a plan to correct the challenges of working with a 1960’s structure that was out of plumb and not level.
- Winter weather and an aggressive project timeline required Horst to create a tented environment that was appropriately heated to allow installation and completion of exterior finishes.
- Working within an occupied senior living facility is always a challenge. As always, our team worked hard to minimize disruptions and ensure the safety of all residents.
- The cottage was upgraded to include high-end cabinetry, granite countertops, and a new HVAC system.
Owner: Presby’s Inspired Life – Rosemont
Location: Rosemont, PA
Architect: Yohe Architecture
Project Type: Interior and Exterior Renovation
Project Size: 2,850 square feet
- Preconstruction Planning & Budgeting
- Cost Management
- Project Management