Lancaster Bible College – Teague Learning Commons
Lancaster Bible College and Horst Construction have partnered on many of this client’s campus projects over the last 40 years. As the Design-Build expert for the Teague Learning Commons, Horst was involved from the initial planning stages–providing critical budgeting and constructability expertise–through project completion. The 41,500 sf three-story, five-level building includes a library, bistro, meeting rooms, classrooms, administrative offices, music media lab, children’s library, archive/special collections room, and collaborative technology suites.
- Three-story, five-level building
- Meeting Rooms
- Music Media Lab
- Children's Library
- Archive/Special Collections Room
- Collaborative Technology Suites
- Administrative Offices
- Record rainfall of 20 inches over a four-month period became a major challenge requiring the deep basement, foundations, elevator shaft drilling, and 30 geothermal wells (each 415′ deep) to be completed in the midst of extreme conditions.
- Construction activity uncovered multiple large and many small sinkholes which required remediation. Sinkhole development within the geothermal well field required relocation of several wells.
- Code Requirements: A cable handrail system for the atrium was designed, fabricated, and installed at the end of construction to accommodate a new code requirement–just weeks prior to the ribbon cutting.
Owner: Lancaster Bible College
Location: Lancaster, PA
Architect: Cornerstone Design Architects
Engineer: Providence Engineering Corporation
Project Type: New Construction
Project Size: 41,500 square feet
Project Delivery Method: Design-Build
- Value Engineering
- Cost Management
- Project Management
- ABC Keystone Excellence in Construction - Award of Excellence